- 4 pork chops (1 1/4-inch thick)
- 1/3 cup apricot halves (dried, 2 1/2 oz)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup green onions (sliced)
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds (crushed)
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cut apricot halves in 2-3 pieces, forming small strips. Set aside. In skillet, cook pork chops in oil over medium-high heat 2-3 minutes per side to brown. Reduce heat; add apricots, green onion, fennel seed, and chicken broth. Cover tightly and cook 10-12 minutes until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
- Remove meat from skillet; keep warm. Combine cornstarch, brown sugar and water. Stir into skillet mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook 1 minute more.
- Serve apricot sauce with chops.