Chef Priscila Satkoff brings the Latin flavors together.
- 6 butterflied pork chops
- cinnamon (to taste)
- 3/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons ancho powder
- 6 tablespoons garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 onions (large, finely chopped, 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon ancho powder
- salt (to taste)
- Place pork chops in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; set aside. In small bowl, stir together olive oil, ancho chile powder and garlic; pour over pork chops. Seal bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in medium skillet over medium. Add onion; cook and stir until onion is translucent (about 5-6 minutes). Stir in water, honey, chile powder, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 6-8 minutes to combine flavors.
- When ready to cook pork, preheat grill to medium-high heat. Remove pork chops from marinade and place on hot grill; discard marinade. Grill for about 5-6 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
- Serve grilled pork with sauce.