Now's a good time to revisit those Vienna sausages that come in a can and that you probably had when you were a kid and which may been your first introduction to the wonderful world of cased meats. Here the little links are sliced and cooked with pickles and served atop seared pork chops that have been marinated to boost their flavor and tenderize the meat. Round out the meal with white rice and a salad, if desired.
- 10 pork chops
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 5 garlic cloves (diced)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 Vienna sausages
- 1/2 jar pickles
- For the marinade, mix lemon juice, garlic cloves, white wine, salt and 2 bay leaves and pour over chops.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat margarine in a skillet, add 1/2 of marinade, and a drizzle of olive oil so that margarine does not burn.
- Fry the chops and place in a bowl or deep dish.
- Cut sausages into slices and pickles in small piece and cook and sauté for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spoon mixture over chops to cover.
- Serve with white rice and a salad, if desired.