This classic family favorite sends tempting smells all day while it simmers in the slow-cooker. Serve with mashed potatoes, buttered broccoli spears and warm dinner rolls.
- 4 New York (top loin) pork chops
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms (sliced, OR 2 6 1/2-oz cans mushroom pieces, drained)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 onions (medium, peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon thyme (OR 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves)
- 10 3/4 ounces golden mushroom soup (condensed)
- Season chops with salt and pepper, set aside. In medium skillet sauté mushrooms in butter until tender, about 5-6 minutes. (If using canned mushrooms, omit butter and sautéing step). Layer chops, mushrooms, onion and thyme in 4-quart slow cooker; pour soup over all. Cover and cook on low heat setting for 7-8 hours, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Allow to rest 3 minutes before serving.