- 2 bone-in ribeye pork chops (3/4 inch)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion (halved)
- 2 cups pineapple (peeled and cut crosswise into 1/2 inch thick rounds)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano (Mexican)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chipotles in adobo (canned)
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a large blender and puree until smooth.
- In a large bowl, marinate pork chops with the marinade. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Heat a large sauté pan with olive oil to medium high heat and sauté pork chops until golden, approximately 10-12 minutes (5-6 minutes on each side), and chops reach an internal temperature between 145 degrees F. to 160 degrees F. (use a digital thermometer).