Simple chops become simply flavorful with this easy braised recipes. Serve with buttered French cut green beans, baked potato and French bread.
- 4 pork chops (1/2-inch thick, bone-in OR boneless)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup mandarin orange segments (drained)
- Season pork chops and saute in oil 2-3 minutes both sides; remove chops from pan. Pour off all oil. Add vinegar, orange juice, lemon juice, brown sugar and ginger. Stir to combine well. Add pork chops. Cover skillet and cook at a bare simmer for 8 minutes. Remove chops and keep warm; boil liquid to reduce by half. Add mandarin oranges. Spoon sauce over chops; serve hot.