- 550 grams pork chops (or regular chops)
- 4 tablespoons pesto sauce (homemade* or bought)
- 1/4 cup thyme (picked)
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon zest (and juice)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups fresh basil (picked)
- 1/3 cup pine nuts (lightly roasted)
- 2/3 cup olive oil (divided)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- lemon juice (Small squeeze of, optional)
- Using a pestle and mortar pound, or very finely chop, the thyme with coarse sea salt (or very finely chop the leaves and mix them with regular sea salt).
- When pulped, add the garlic and black pepper and pound again.
- Stir in and combine the lemon juice and zest and the olive oil.
- Smear the mixture over the chops and leave to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Place the chops in a hot grill or frying-pan. Cook them for 4 minutes on each side at a medium high heat, until nicely charred and golden. Take care not to burn or overcook them.
- Rest the chops for a few minutes, then spoon some pesto over them.
- Serve with a salad with mashed potatoes or steamed rice or (like here) potato gnocchi.
- Pesto sauce
- Combine the basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add half of the olive oil and process until fully incorporated and smooth.
- If using immediately, add all the remaining oil and pulse until smooth. Mix in the cheese. Season with salt and pepper and squeeze few drops of lemon juice (optional).
PER SERVING *
|Calories660Calories from Fat500|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat500|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.