- 6 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick, butterflied)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup green onions (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon orange peel
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add green onion and orange peel; saute 3 to 4 minutes or till onion is almost tender. Remove onion and orange peel; set aside. Add pork chops and brown on both sides over medium heat; add onion and orange peel.
- Add half of the orange liqueur, the orange juice and basil. Cover and simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Transfer the pork chops to a chafing dish, if desired. Allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.
- In a small saucepan gently heat the remaining orange liqueur. (Do not boil). Ignite with a long match and carefully pour over chops.