Pork Chop and Waffle Sandwiches with Maple GravyPork
Good for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, these waffle sandwiches are also nice with your favorite jam or jelly instead of the yogurt mixture, and with a sausage patty instead of the bacon. You can also serve them as open-faced sandwiches. On the side, try fresh fruit or breakfast potatoes.
- 4 pork loin chops (about 1/4-inch thick, thin-cut)
- 6 slices bacon (halved)
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (reduced-calorie)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 8 waffle (cooked, warmed)
- 1In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp , 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside (leave the bacon fat in the skillet).
- 2While the bacon is cooking, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream and maple syrup. Set aside.
- 3In a shallow bowl or pie pan, combine the flour, salt, and pepper. Place the egg in another shallow bowl or pie pan. Return the skillet to medium-high heat. One chop at a time, dredge the pork in the flour mixture, shaking off the excess, then the egg, then the flour mixture again, adding the coated chops to the skillet. Cook the chops until browned and cooked through, about 2 1/2 minutes per side.
- 4Arrange 4 waffles on plates or a platter. Top with the bacon, pork chops, sour cream mixture, and remaining waffles and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories800Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.