Pork Chop Salad with Strawberries and AlmondsPork
All this refreshing salad needs to accompany it is a hunk of good bread or some nice breadsticks. To enjoy it year-round, use other fruits in season—for example, apples or pears in the fall, and oranges in the winter and spring. It’s also nice with a sprinkle of crumbled blue or goat cheese. Recipe courtesy of Jill Krause, Baby Rabies
- 1 pound boneless ribeye (rib) pork chops (OR New York pork chops, about 3/4-inch thick)
- 1/3 cup almonds (sliced)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 shallots (minced)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 5 ounces arugula (loosely packed, about 15 cups)
- 4 ounces strawberries (sliced, about 3/4 cup)
- 1In a small skillet over medium heat, toast almonds, stirring occasionally, until browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside to cool.
- 2While almonds are toasting, in a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, shallot, honey, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- 3Prepare a grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Season pork with salt and pepper and grill until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F, about 4 minutes per side. Remove chops from grill and let rest 3 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine almonds, arugula, strawberries, and dressing to taste. Arrange salad on plates.
- 5Thinly slice pork and arrange on top of salads. Drizzle with any remaining dressing and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories250Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.