Pork Chimichurri SaladPork
Serve this satisfying salad with a crusty roll or a small pile of tortilla chips. To vary the recipe, change the greens to spinach, arugula, or romaine. Add sliced red onion, black olives, or shredded carrots. You can even grill or pan-sear the pork chops instead of broiling.
- 1 pound boneless pork chops (about 1-inch thick,trimmed)
- 6 ounces greens (spring mix, 12 cups lightly packed)
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 6 ounces soft cheese (like queso fresco, goat or fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/2-inch dice)
- nonstick spray
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 15 sprigs leaf parsley (flat-)
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 chipotles in adobo
- black pepper
- 1In a food processor, combine olive oil, vinegar, parsley, oregano leaves, and chipotle and puree. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- 2Preheat a broiler and arrange a rack 6 inches from the heat. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking oil.
- 3Place pork on the baking sheet and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Broil until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Remove pork from broiler and let rest 5 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine greens, cherry tomatoes, cheese, and chimichurri dressing to taste. Arrange salad on plates or a platter.
- 5Cut chops into 1/4-inch slices. Arrange on top of salad, drizzle with additional dressing, and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories450Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.