Pork Cheeks in Wine Pie with Sauteed MushroomsKooking
If you want a meal that will tantalize the taste buds and is easy to make, then try this recipe for Pork Cheeks in Wine Pie with Sauteed Mushrooms. It is not only a hearty dish, but has nutrient-rich ingredients for a healthy meal. This dish is perfect for an intimate family dinner or a brunch with friends. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this dish as much as we do!
- 2 pork cheeks (boneless, chopped)
- 1 onions
- 1 carrots
- 300 grams mixed mushrooms (approximately)
- 1 glass red wine
- 1 large potatoes
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 sheets pastry dough
- 1Heat a generous amount of olive oil in a pot and sauté diced onion and carrot.
- 2Season pork cheeks with salt and pepper.
- 3When onion and carrot are half-cooked, add pork cheeks.
- 4Stir and sauté for about ten minutes.
- 5Deglaze pan with wine, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 1 hour.
- 6Add thyme sprigs and set aside. Heat oil in a skillet and sauté mushrooms.
- 7Season with salt and set aside.
- 8Cut potatoes into thick slices and fry them, in plenty of oil over low heat.
- 9Set aside. Preheat oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F).
- 10Place a sheet of pastry dough in a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 11Arrange potatoes over the pastry.
- 12Add pork cheeks and mushrooms.
- 13Cover with remaining pastry sheet.
- 14Pinch pastry edges together firmly to seal and open a small hole in the center allowing steam to escape during cooking.
- 15Brush top of pastry with olive oil.
- 16Bake in preheated oven for about 40-45 minutes.