- 6 1/2 pounds boneless pork roast (lean)
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin (ground)
- 1 tablespoon paprika (ground)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (ground red pepper)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 3 1/4 pounds tortilla chips (unsalted, plain)
- 4 quarts salsa
- 2 pounds cheese low fat (American, OR Cheddar cheese, low-fat, shredded)
- Place roasts on racks in shallow open roasting pans. When more than one pan is needed, group roasts by size. Allow space between roasts. Do not cover pan.
- Insert meat thermometer into the center of the smallest roast.
- Roast at 325 degrees Fahrenheit until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- (Approximate oven time may vary depending on oven use, and weight of pork being cooked. Start checking with a thermometer an hour into cooking time.)
- Remove from oven and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Place roasts in shallow pans, cover and refrigerate.
- Holding CCP: Cool to 40°F within 4 hours.
- Shred chilled roast.
- In a separate bowl, combine spices well.
- Sprinkle evenly over shredded pork.
- Pour chicken broth over pork mixture.
- Gently stir ingredients. Do not over stir.
- Cover pan tightly with foil.
- Heat in a 350ºF oven for approximately one hour or until the mixture reaches an internal temperature of 170ºF or above.
- Holding CCP: Keep product covered and hold at 140ºF for up to two hours after cooking.
- Gently stir pork mixture.
- Place 10 tortilla chips on a serving plate, top with 1.5 oz. of hot pork mixture.
- Ladle ½ cup salsa over the pork mixture and chips.
- Top with 1 oz. of cheese.
- Pour mixture in 2 inch shallow pans. Cover and place in refrigerator. Cool to 40º F within 4 hours.
- Reheating CCP: Reheat product to 165ºF or higher for at least 1 minute. Hold at 140º F or higher to serve.