- 1 pound boneless pork loin (OR tenderloin OR pork leg, cut into 3/4-inch cubes)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 celery (chopped)
- 1 carrot (peeled and shredded)
- 1/4 pound mushrooms (sliced)
- 28 ounces tomatoes (crushed)
- 1/3 cup dry red wine (OR beef broth)
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sprinkle pork cubes with salt and pepper. In large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat; add pork and brown on all sides. Remove and set aside. Add onion, garlic, celery and carrot to skillet; cook, stirring, until onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Return pork to skillet with mushrooms, tomatoes, wine and herbs, stir well. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Serves 4.