Leftover pork roast gets transformed into a tailgating treat. Simple to put together at the event just before eating. Or simply make a buffet for your guests to make their own. Serve as part of a tailgating/Superbowl buffet with different salsas, dips and your favorite chili or soup.
- 3 cups pork loin roast (cooked, shredded or finely chopped)
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 3 tablespoons jalapeno chile (diced*)
- 12 flour tortillas (warmed)
- 3 cups lettuce (shredded)
- 2 cups tomatoes (diced)
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- salsa (if desired)
- In a nonstick skillet, sweat onion and garlic over medium heat for 5 minutes, until soft and translucent. Add cooked pork; toss lightly. Heat thoroughly. Stir in jalapeno pepper. In each tortilla roll up 1/4 cup shredded pork mixture, a portion of the lettuce, tomatoes, 1 tablespoon cheese and top with salsa, if desired.