Pork Burgers on Sandwich BunsPork
Is your family fighting the burger boredom? Use ground pork instead. Have all your favorite condiments out to build your own burger. Or try some suggested toppers for burgers with a flair. Serve with potato chips, fresh fruit salad and ice cold tea.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 4 sandwich buns (large soft)
- 1Divide pork into four portions and shape into patties about 3/4-inch thick, handling meat as little as possible. Sprinkle both sides of patties with seasoned pepper. Grill over direct heat over medium-hot fire 5 minutes per side, turning once, until an instant read thermometer reads 160 degrees F. Serve immediately on buns with favorite condiments.
- 2Santa Fe Burger -- Fresh guacamole, spicy salsa and chile peppers. Serve open-faced on corn bread.
- 3Georgia Burger -- Fresh peach slices and crispy strips of bacon. Serve on a honey-wheat roll.
- 4Pacific Burger -- Sunflower seeds, grilled pineapple slice and honey Dijon-style mustard. Serve on sourdough bread.
- 5* For international burgers, top with:
- 6Caribbean Burger -- Mango slices, hot pepper sauce, slices of red onion and chopped fresh cilantro. Serve on grilled burger bun brushed with olive oil.
- 7Mediterranean Burger -- A mixture of plain yogurt, chopped fresh dill and chopped cucumber. Serve in a pita bread pocket.
- 8Italian Burger -- A dab of pesto and a mix of shredded mozzarella, Parmesan, Romano and provolone cheeses. Serve on focaccia.
- 9Thai Burger -- A peanut sauce mixture made from peanut butter, hot pepper oil and a dash of soy sauce. Serve on grilled burger bun brushed with hot pepper infused oil.
PER SERVING *
|Calories430Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.