Is your family fighting the burger boredom? Use ground pork instead. Have all your favorite condiments out to build your own burger. Or try some suggested toppers for burgers with a flair. Serve with potato chips, fresh fruit salad and ice cold tea.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 4 sandwich buns (large soft)
- Divide pork into four portions and shape into patties about 3/4-inch thick, handling meat as little as possible. Sprinkle both sides of patties with seasoned pepper. Grill over direct heat over medium-hot fire 5 minutes per side, turning once, until an instant read thermometer reads 160 degrees F. Serve immediately on buns with favorite condiments.
- Santa Fe Burger -- Fresh guacamole, spicy salsa and chile peppers. Serve open-faced on corn bread.
- Georgia Burger -- Fresh peach slices and crispy strips of bacon. Serve on a honey-wheat roll.
- Pacific Burger -- Sunflower seeds, grilled pineapple slice and honey Dijon-style mustard. Serve on sourdough bread.
- * For international burgers, top with:
- Caribbean Burger -- Mango slices, hot pepper sauce, slices of red onion and chopped fresh cilantro. Serve on grilled burger bun brushed with olive oil.
- Mediterranean Burger -- A mixture of plain yogurt, chopped fresh dill and chopped cucumber. Serve in a pita bread pocket.
- Italian Burger -- A dab of pesto and a mix of shredded mozzarella, Parmesan, Romano and provolone cheeses. Serve on focaccia.
- Thai Burger -- A peanut sauce mixture made from peanut butter, hot pepper oil and a dash of soy sauce. Serve on grilled burger bun brushed with hot pepper infused oil.