- 1 pound pork shoulder (trimmed, cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 6 slices prosciutto (cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound mild Italian sausage (casings removed)
- 1/4 cup carrots (finely diced)
- 1/4 cup onions (finely diced)
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine (such as Chianti)
- 84 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon umami paste (*, optional)
- 1/4 cup leaf parsley (flat-, fresh, chopped)
- 2 tablespoons sage (fresh, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon rosemary (fresh, chopped)
- 3 tablespoons butter (unsalted, optional)
- 1Place pork in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Stir in fennel seeds. Stir in flour and set aside.
- 2In a 6-quart pressure cooker** without a cooking rack over medium-high heat, warm prosciutto and olive oil. Add pork cubes and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Add sausage, carrot, and onion and cook, stirring occasionally and breaking up sausage, for 2 minutes. Add wine and cook, scraping up any browned bits in the pressure cooker, until wine is almost entirely evaporated, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, scraping up any browned bits in the pressure cooker. Stir in umami paste, cover, and bring up pressure. Cook under pressure for 25 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and let pressure drop. Release pressure and stir in parsley, sage, and rosemary. If you like, stir in butter just before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories290Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.