When you want a dish that is straight out of a fancy fine-dining restaurant, but you really don't want to waste all of the money it takes to eat at one of those establishments, then try this recipe for Pork Belly with Tangerine. It is decadent and hearty. This dish is one of a kind and will leave your guests delighted and impressed by the food. Happy cooking!
- 8 slices pork belly
- 1 orange
- 5 tangerine
- 2 tablespoons lard
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons teas (thyme)
- Prepare a marinade with tangerine juice, wine and bay leaf.
- Pour marinade over meat and let marinate for 1 hour.
- Remove meat from marinade. Reserve marinade.
- Smear pork belly with a paste made with lard, butter, salt and pepper.
- Place meat in a baking dish and sprinkle with thyme.
- Add reserved marinade.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200°C (approximately 400°F) for 30-40 minutes.
- Watch carefully and baste occasionally with pan sauce.
- Garnish with sliced orange.