- 1 pork belly
- 4 prunes
- 1 sprig herbs (rosemary, savory and bay)
- 1/2 onion
- 4 tomatoes (ripe, or frozen)
- 1 deciliter white wine
- olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- Trim excess fat from meat. Preheat oven to 160°C (approximately 320°F).
- Score pork belly using a sharp knife and turn it upside down.
- Remove prune pits and cut in half.
- Stuff prunes into cuts in the meat.
- Chop onion and place in a baking dish.
- Blanch tomatoes for a few seconds and peel, quarter, core and cut into slices.
- Tip: If using frozen tomatoes, place in a container with a bit of water for 1 to 2 minutes and remove the skin with the knife.
- Add tomatoes to pan with onion.
- Season with a drizzle of olive oil and place pork belly on tomatoes and onions.
- Season pork with salt and herbs.
- Drizzle with wine.
- Roast in preheated oven for about 2 hours.