Pork Belly with PlumHoje para Jantar
- 1 pork belly
- 4 prunes
- 1 sprig herbs (rosemary, savory and bay)
- 1/2 onions
- 4 tomatoes (ripe, or frozen)
- 1 deciliter white wine
- olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- 1Trim excess fat from meat. Preheat oven to 160°C (approximately 320°F).
- 2Score pork belly using a sharp knife and turn it upside down.
- 3Remove prune pits and cut in half.
- 4Stuff prunes into cuts in the meat.
- 5Chop onion and place in a baking dish.
- 6Blanch tomatoes for a few seconds and peel, quarter, core and cut into slices.
- 7Tip: If using frozen tomatoes, place in a container with a bit of water for 1 to 2 minutes and remove the skin with the knife.
- 8Add tomatoes to pan with onion.
- 9Season with a drizzle of olive oil and place pork belly on tomatoes and onions.
- 10Season pork with salt and herbs.
- 11Drizzle with wine.
- 12Roast in preheated oven for about 2 hours.