Au jus is the phrase that describes serving meat with its own natural juices. A simple recipe that creates delicious results. Don't forget to serve Au Jus along side of the sandwiches. Serve with a crisp salad and roasted potatoes.
- 1 pound pork loin roast (boneless)
- 1 envelope onion soup mix (from a 2.6 oz box)
- 16 mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 french rolls (crusty, split)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat pork roast with the soup mix, place in a shallow pan and roast for 20-25 minutes, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven; let rest about 10 minutes.
- Scrape any pan drippings into a microwave-safe measuring cup; add water to measure 1/3 cup. Cover and microcook on HIGH for 20-30 seconds, until boiling. Place mushrooms in microwave-safe container, top with butter and cover with plastic wrap. Microcook on HIGH for 45-60 seconds until mushrooms are tender. Slice roast and place in rolls; spoon over mushrooms and some of the pan juices. Serve immediately.