- 1 pound ground pork (lean)
- 3/4 cup apple (shredded)
- 1/4 cup green onion (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices cheddar cheese (1 ounce each)
- 4 hamburger buns (onion-topped or regular, halved)
- Pre-heat a charcoal or gas grill.
- Blend the apple, green onion, thyme, salt and pepper together in a medium bowl. Add the ground pork; gently mix until combined. Form into 4 patties, about ¾-inch thick.
- Grill over medium hot coals or medium-high on a gas grill, covered for 5 minutes. Turn and grill, covered, an additional 4 to 6 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer registers the internal temperature at 160 degrees F. Cover each burger with a slice of cheddar and serve on buns.
- 4 servings
- These burgers are equally tasty done in the broiler. Place them on a broiler pan and cook as directed above. To pan fry the burgers, cook over medium heat, turning several times, until well browned and 160 degrees F, about 10-12 minutes total time