Poppy-Seed Pork Cutlets AlfredoPork
Conveince plays a staring role in this North Dakota State Fair first place recipe from Irene Eslinger of Coleharbor
- 1 1/2 pounds pork cutlets
- 1 teaspoon Chef Paul Prudhomme’s® Pork and Veal Magic®
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onions (medium, thinly sliced and separated into rings)
- 16 ounces Alfredo sauce (with Parmesan cheese, OR Alfredo sauce)
- 4 ounces mushrooms (sliced, drained)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1If using top loin chops, place each chop between two pieces of plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness. Sprinkle seasoning and blend evenly on both sides of pork cutlets or chops.
- 2Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the pork cutlets. Cook cutlets quickly for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until surfaces are brown and until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time. Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels. Loosely cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with 2 tablespoons more oil and remaining cutlets.
- 3Pour drippings from skillet; discard drippings. Wipe skillet with paper towels. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender but not brown.
- 4Stir in Alfredo sauce, mushrooms, poppy seeds and pepper. Add pork cutlets to sauce mixture in skillet. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 1 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
PER SERVING *
|Calories820Calories from Fat500|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat500|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.