Poppy Seed BriochesLa Cocina de Babel
These Poppy Seed Brioches are decadent, flavorful, and perfect for any Sunday family dinner or holiday party. It takes 85 minutes to prepare these delicious treats. Bring them to the next backyard barbecue and watch the crowds cheer with happiness. Make sure to add these ingredients to your next grocery shopping list. We hope you and your guests or friends enjoy this recipe as much as we do. Happy baking!
- 60 milliliters milk (warmed)
- 4 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 450 grams bread flour
- 50 grams sugar
- active dry yeast (15. gr. instant)
- 225 grams butter (cubed and room temperature)
- 200 grams poppy seeds
- 300 milliliters milk
- 50 grams nuts (choice)
- 40 grams butter
- 40 grams granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla extract (splash)
- 80 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1The day before, prepare the dough. In a stand mixture, add the dough attachment and the ingredients in this order: milk, eggs, flour, sugar, yeast, and a pinch of salt.
- 2When the dough starts to come together, start adding the cubes of butter 1 by 1, waiting until each is incorporated before adding the next. In total, knead 15 minutes.
- 3Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 8 to 24 hours.
- 4The day before, also start making the filling. On low heat, simmer the poppy seeds in the milk for a few minutes. Let cool and refrigerate.
- 5The next day, remove the seeds from the milk. Blend together the nuts, poppy seeds, butter, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, sugar, and almond extract. Set aside.
- 6Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead a bit until it forms a ball. Cut the ball into 4 sections.
- 7Roll out each piece of dough into a rectangular shape. Smear on the filling, leaving a border on all sides. Roll the dough up, starting on the long side.
- 8Cut each roll into triangle shapes by cutting on the diagonal.
- 9Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 10Put the dough onto baking trays, cover with a moist towel, and let it rise for 1 hour.
- 11Baste the tops of each brioche with the milk and bake 15 to 20 minutes until golden.
PER SERVING *
|Calories360Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.