Poppin Pork Burgers with Green Apple SlawPork
- 1 1/4 pounds ground pork
- 4 ounces pancetta (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup dried apricot
- 1 clove garlic (peeled)
- 2 chile pepper (dried Mexican)
- 1 bunch green onions
- 4 sage leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large carrots (peeled)
- 1 granny smith apples (large)
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard (Gulden's)
- 6 buns
- 1 pinch celery seed
- salt (to taste)
- sugar (to taste)
- 1Mince pancetta, garlic, white of green onions (save tops for slaw), apricots, chili pods and sage. Add pepper and cumin and work into the ground pork thoroughly. Next make into six even balls and flatten patties and place each one on wax paper until ready to use.
- 2In a small nonporous bowl combine karo syrup, mustard, vinegar, and celery seed. Next core apple and cut fruit into long thin julienne (matchstick size) and then place directly into vinegar mix. Do the same with the carrot and then cut the green onion tops “Chinese style,” angled as long and thin as you can and add to the mix. Mix well and refrigerate for at least an hour and season with sugar or if you feel it needs salt to taste.
- 3Place poppin pork burger patties directly on char broiler or grill set at mid-high heat and grill about 3-4 minutes per side turning 3 times and brush with oil to avoid dryness. When the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F remove the burgers and set on your buns. Then garnish with a healthy pile of green apple slaw.
PER SERVING *
|Calories440Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.