Pomegranate Glazed Pork TenderloinPork
Sweet and tangy flavors meet in a beautifully glazed pomegranate pork tenderloin served on a bed of spring mix.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- sea salt (to taste)
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 2 cups greens (spring mix)
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 pomegranate (large, seeded)
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place pork tenderloin onto a broiler pan and sprinkle it with sea salt.
- 2 To make the glaze: In a small sauce pan, mix together 1 cup of pomegranate juice and sugar, bring to a boil.
- 3 After boiling for about ten minutes, the liquid should have reduced to about half its original amount and be slightly sticky (almost like a syrup). Brush pomegranate glaze over the top.
- 4 Bake glazed tenderloin in oven for fifteen minutes, then remove from oven, add another coat of pomegranate glaze and placed it back in the oven for five more minutes or until the pork reaches an internal temperature between 145 degrees F. (medium rare) and 160 degrees F. (medium), followed by a three-minute rest.
- 5 To arrange the platter: Add a bed of fresh spring mix to the bottom of a large platter.
- 6 Next, return glaze back to heat and boil until glaze has thicken.
- 7 After allowing pork to rest, sliced it into pieces, not cutting all the way through. Place pork on top of spring mix and drizzle thickened glaze over the top with a spoon. Next, spread walnut halves over the spring mix. As a finishing touch, sprinkle pomegranate seeds and goat cheese over pork tenderloin and salad.
PER SERVING *
|Calories420Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.