- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar (+ 2 tbsp)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour (+ 2 tbsp)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup cornstarch (+ 2 tbsp)
- 2 1/2 cups pomegranate juice (+ 2 tbsp)
- 1 1/2 pounds mascarpone cheese (or whipped cream cheese)
- 1 pomegranate (seeded)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons powdered gelatin
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 10 inch springform pan. Cream butter, vanilla extract and 2/3 cup sugar. Add 3 eggs, 1 at a time. Mix flour and baking powder together and add to batter, alternating with milk. Transfer to prepared pan and smooth.
- Mix 2 tbsp cornstarch with 2 tbsp pomegranate juice. Bring 1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice to a boil and add cornstarch mixture. Simmer for about 1 min, stirring, then set aside to cool. Mix mascarpone cheese (or whipped cream cheese, if using), 1 cup sugar, 3 eggs and 1/4 cup cornstarch then spread evenly over the base. Spread pomegranate jelly over the top. Bake for 1 1/2 hours; after about 45 mins, cover with foil. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In a saucepan, mix gelatin with 2 tbsp of sugar. Add remaining pomegranate juice and bloom for 5 mins. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, add the pomegranate seeds and let cool slightly. Spread over cake. Leave cool before serving.
|Calories350Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.