- 1 1/4 cups pomegranate juice
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 pomegranate (seeded)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 lemon (zested)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 6 sheets gelatin (or 1 1/2 tbsp powdered gelatin)
- 1 1/2 pounds low fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream (whipped to stiff peaks)
- To make the pomegranate syrup, simmer the pomegranate juice with 1 cup sugar for 10 mins, until syrupy. Remove from the heat and stir in the pomegranate seeds. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a 10 inch springform pan. Cream the butter, 1/4 cup sugar, lemon zest and a pinch of salt for 2-3 mins. Add the eggs, 1 at a time. Mix the flour and baking powder then add to the mixture in batches alternating with the milk until it forms a smooth batter. Pour into the prepared pan, smooth the top then bake for about 17 mins. Remove from the oven and leave in the pan to cool on a wire rack for 1 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, soak the gelatin in cold water. Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, 3/4 cup sugar and the vanilla extract. Melt the gelatin in a small saucepan (if using sheet gelatin, squeeze any excess water from the gelatin before melting). Stir 3 tbsp of the cream cheese mixture into the gelatin then add the rest. Chill for 20 mins until it begins to set then fold in the whipped cream.
- To finish, spread 1/2 the cream cheese mixture smoothly over the cake followed by about 3 tbsp of the pomegranate syrup. Spread the remaining cream smoothly on top and chill the cheesecake for at least 3 hours. Remove the springform pan and spread the remaining syrup on top just before serving.
|Calories380Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.