- 4 apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
- 1/2 pomegranate (large, seeds only)
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 200 grams flour
- 100 grams unsalted butter (cold, cut into small cubes)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- Place the peeled apples and pomegranate seeds in prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar and corn starch. Mix well and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- Add butter. With your hands, mix the butter with the flour mixture until coarse and crumbly.
- Add brown sugar.
- Spread the crumble mixture over the fruit and bake at 360°F for 30 minutes, or until the crumble is golden and crispy.
- The crumble mixture can be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator or freezer.