- 1 cup juice
- 3 pomegranates
- 1 cup pomegranates (arils from 1-2 large POM Wonderful)
- 1/2 pound broccoli (2 cups cut into florets)
- 1/2 pound cauliflower (2 cups cut into florets)
- 1/2 cup red onion (chopped)
- 1 cup grapes (seedless, halved)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil (cut into strips)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons whole grain dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 4 ounces prosciutto (cut into ½-inch strips)
- Score 1-2 fresh pomegranates and place in a bowl of water. Break open the pomegranate underwater to free the arils (seed sacs). The arils will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the membrane will float to the top. Sieve and put the arils in a separate bowl. Reserve 1 cup of the arils from fruit and set aside. (Refrigerate or freeze remaining arils for another use.).
- Cook prosciutto strips in a nonstick skillet over moderate heat and stir until crisp.
- In a bowl, toss together broccoli, cauliflower, red onion, grapes, raisins and fresh basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, sugar and pomegranate juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss dressing with salad and add pomegranate arils and prosciutto.
- For 1 cup of juice, cut 2-3 large POM Wonderful Pomegranates in half and juice them with a citrus reamer or juicer. Pour the mixture through a cheesecloth-lined strainer or sieve. Set the juice aside.
PER SERVING *
|Calories540Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.