If you have a surplus of winter vegetables and want to make a hearty and healthy dish that will combine all their robust flavors, then try this recipe for Pollock Fillets with Vegetables and Violet Jam. This recipe is perfect beside a hearty main dish or with any sandwich. The vegetable-packed dish needs to sit for a while before serving so the flavors can combine into a tantalizing taste that is out of this world.
- 1 carrot (peeled and chopped)
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- 1/2 fennel bulb (diced)
- olive oil
- pink peppercorns
- 5 teaspoons jam (violet)
- 2 pollock fillets
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil and saute carrots, shallots and fennel.
- Add pink peppercorns, 3 teaspoons violet jam and salt. Stir.
- Cook until tender but still crunchy.
- Meanwhile, place fish on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve fish on top with sauteed vegetables and garnish with remaining violet jam.