- 24 ounces polish sausage (fully-cooked)
- 12 ounces beer
- 1 head cabbage (coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 head red cabbage (coarsely chopped)
- 3/4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a four-quart Dutch oven combine the beer and enough water to cover sausage. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and add sausage. Simmer for 8-10 minutes. Remove sausage. Add cabbage, caraway seed, sugar and salt to cooking liquid; mix well. Top with sausage. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain to serve.