Polenta, Zucchini, and Almond CakeLolibox
It can be difficult to pick the perfect pastry or confection when up against so many recipes. This truly decadent recipe for Polenta , Zucchini, and Almond Cake is so rich and dreamy, your taste buds should be screaming for a bite right now! The recipe combines the buttery flakiness of the puff pastry with white chocolate and fresh orange juice and creamy mascarpone cheese for a creamy, sweet and rich dessert that will please the palate.
- 2 zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 100 grams almond flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 plain yogurt
- low fat cream (20 cl., 5% milk fat)
- 100 grams polenta (organic)
- 40 grams corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50 grams grating cheese
- Espelette Dukkah pepper (or hot paprika)
- 11. Preheat the oven to 320 F.
- 22. Wash the zucchinis. Cut them in half lengthwise and then cut the halves into 2 millimeter-thick slices.
- 33. Heat a skillet with a little bit of olive oil. Cook the zucchini slices until brown. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 44. Toast the almond flour for a few minutes in a dry skillet. Set aside.
- 55. In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the olive oil. Add the yogurt and cream and whisk again until the mixture is smooth.
- 66. In another bowl, combine the polenta, almond flour, cornstarch, and baking powder. Add it to the previous mixture and mix well. Stir in the grated cheese and zucchini. Add a little bit of espelette pepper.
- 77. Pour the batter into a loaf pan and bake it for about 45 minutes.
- 88. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes before unmolding.