Polenta with Iberico Ham and MelonLolibox
Appetizers are a wonderful way to start a party off on the right foot. This recipe for Polenta with Jamon Iberico and Melon is not only sweet, but also savory and delicious. The recipe combines Spanish cured ham with polenta and melon. You can sprinkle the plated appetizer with sage or other herbs of your choice. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy these tasty treats as much as we do.
- milk (25 cl.)
- broth (50 cl.)
- 170 grams polenta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Espelette Dukkah pepper
- 1/2 melon
- iberico ham (Spanish cured ham, sliced)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350F
- 2Bring the milk and broth to a boil. Reduce the heat and add the polenta while stirring until the mixture thickens. Remove the pan from the heat. Add the olive oil and Espelette pepper and stir.
- 3Butter the edges of a round cookie cutter and put it on a piece of parchment paper. Pour the polenta into the cookie cutter and smooth the surface. Let the polenta set.
- 4Bake the polenta in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- 5Remove the polenta from the oven and let it cool.
- 6Peel the melon and cut thin slices using a mandolin.
- 7On the polenta, place thin slices of melon and then some jamon iberico. Sprinkle lightly with sage or any other herb of your choice.