Polenta SquaresSobre Dulce y Salado
Full of savory flavor, these Polenta Squares make a great addition to the dinner table or can be served as an appetizer. Baked and then lightly fried, the polenta squares have a buttery basil flavor and are crunchy on the outside while still maintaining their softness on the inside. This recipe provides instructions for making a creamy fish sauce to serve with the polenta squares, either on top or as a dipping sauce. Garnish with chopped basil and fresh parmesan.
- 200 milliliters vegetable broth
- 150 milliliters milk
- 15 grams butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil (minced)
- 75 grams polenta
- olive oil
- 185 grams fish (canned bonito, in olive oil)
- 1/3 onions (peeled and chopped)
- 75 grams cream cheese
- ground black pepper
- fresh basil (minced)
- parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1In a saucepan heat the vegetable broth, milk, butter, basil, polenta, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and continue to cook on medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes while stirring. Pour into a baking pan and press down to flatten the surface. Let it cool.
- 2Once cool, unmold and cut into small squares.
- 3In a saucepan, heat olive oil and fry the polenta squares for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until golden. The texture should be crispy on the outside and soft in the inside.
- 4Pat the polenta squares with paper towel to remove the excess oil.
- 5Drain the fish and place in a bowl. Add the onion and cream cheese. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Season with a pinch of salt, black pepper, and basil.
- 6Pour the Bonito fish cream on the polenta squares. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories520Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.