Savory, creamy, and delicious, Polenta Mash compliments any protein and will be the star of the meal! Baked layers of polenta and a mixture of salami, Fontina cheese, butter and parmesean cheese create a warm, cheesy dish that screams comfort food. Fontina cheese adds richness to the polenta while salami brings a savory element. Bake for twenty minutes at 200 degrees Celsius to create a brown, crispy crust. Serve warm and enjoy!
- polenta (cooked)
- salami (cured, roughly chopped)
- fontina cheese (or other semisoft cheese, sliced)
- parmesan cheese (grated)
- whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a baking dish with melted butter.
- Place a layer of polenta into the dish and add a few spoonsful of milk.
- Spread with salami, Fontina cheese, butter, and a generous sprinkling of Parmesan cheese. You can use a thin layer or thick; your preference.
- Cover with another layer of polenta. Smooth the surface and moisten with a little more milk.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and a few tablespoons of butter.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown with a crunchy top.