A quick side dish that enhances purchased potato salad with mild poblano chilies and canned Mexicorn. Great for last-minute meals with Easy Mexicali Pork Chops.
- 4 poblano chiles (medium)
- 3 pounds potato salad (deli, about 6 cups)
- 11 ounces mexicorn (whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, drained)
- 2 1/4 ounces ripe olives (sliced, drained)
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro (OR parsley, finely chopped)
- Char chiles over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides. Enclose in paper bag; let stand 10 minutes. Peel and seed chiles; cut into 1/2-inch pieces and place in large bowl. Add potato salad, corn and olives, stir to combine well. Serve garnished with cilantro or parsley.
- Makes about 15 servings.