This classic Spanish dish is the perfect treat for your family for dinner. Try out our Poblano Chili Rice recipe tonight. We are confident this recipe will leave your family satisfied with the flavor! Let us know your thoughts in the comments below. We are excited to read about your experience preparing serving this Poblano Chili Rice recipe. The blend of Spanish flavor and essential nutrients make this recipe a stand alone great. Happy Cooking!
- 1 cup rice
- 1 chili pepper (poblano, shredded)
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 sprig epazote
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 10 milliliters lemon juice
- salt (as needed)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Heat the water in a cooking pot on high. Turn off the stove before it boils.
- Put the rice in the cooking pot and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Place the rice in a strainer and soak it with cold water. Let it sit for 1 hour while it strains.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large cooking pot on medium.
- Put the rice and poblano pepper in the cooking pot while stirring occasionally.
- Add the water, lemon juice, and corn kernels to a small cooking pot and heat it on high. Turn off the heat before it boils, and add it to the large cooking pot where the rice is.
- Add the epazote and salt to the large cooking pot and put the lid on. Let it cook for 12 minutes on low.
- Turn off the stove and serve.
|Calories160Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.