Poblano Chili Covered with Puff PastryLa Cocina Mexicana de Pily
Add a little bit of spice and excitement to your dinner table with this recipe for Poblano Chili Covered with Puff Pastry. Stuffed with chopped walnuts, each poblano chili is wrapped in a blanket of puff pastry and baked until golden. This recipe includes a recipe for a smooth and slightly sweet cinnamon and tomato sauce to serve with these walnut stuffed Poblano Chili Covered with Puff Pastry. To plate spread a spoonful of sauce on the plate and place a puff pastry pepper on top.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 4 poblano (chilis; roasted, deveined, and seeded)
- 400 grams puff pastry
- 1 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 4 tomatoes (ripe saladette)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Celsius.
- 2Crush the nuts in the blender or food processor.
- 3Fill the chilis with the nuts.
- 4Stretch the puff pastry on a flat surface until it is thin.
- 5Place each chili over the puff pastry. Using a knife, cut a square large enough to cover each chili.
- 6Wrap each chili with the puff pastry. Seal the borders by brushing with egg.
- 7Place the chilies with the border facing down on a greased baking tray. Brush the surface of each chili with the egg.
- 8Bake for 10 minutes.
- 9Lower the temperature to 180 C and continue to bake until golden brown on the outside.
- 10In a saucepan, add the tomatoes, 1 stick cinnamon, and water.
- 11Once the tomatoes are cooked, place in the blender and puree until smooth. Sift the sauce.
- 12In another saucepan, add the sauce. Season with salt and sugar and heat over medium heat. Add the other stick cinnamon.
- 13To plate, pour some of the sauce and place a chili on top.