- 4 grouper fillets (about 6 oz. each)
- 8 cups bouillon (court)
- 2 cups seafood stock (optional)
- Prepare the court bouillon by simmering water with a mirepoix of carrots onions and celery along with a coupe of sprigs of fresh thyme for about an hour.
- If you have made the court bouillon ahead of time, heat it to a slow simmer.
- Arrange the fish fillets in a large pan that has a cover (a dutch oven works for this)
- Pour in enough court bouillon to nearly cover the fish
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, covered.
- Check the fish. It should be opaque, tender and flake easily. Be careful not to overcook.