Poached Foie gras with Butternut, Quince and Verbena.On dine chez Nanou
Fancy French dining can be made in your own home. This recipe for Poached Foie Gras with Butternut, Quince and Verbena is decadent and delicious. It takes 55 minutes to prepare this recipe with four servings. This aromatic and savory recipe combines hearty vegetables with sensational spices for a dreamy dish. When you finally pick the three other lucky recipients of this dish, they will be rewarded with greatness. Enjoy!
- 250 milliliters gewürztraminer (Late Harvest)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon spices (blend)
- 250 grams foie gras
- 2 quinces
- 600 grams water
- 400 grams granulated sugar
- 1/2 butternut squash
- 10 leaves verbena (fresh)
- ground cinnamon
- 1Heat the wine, sugar, and spices in a small saucepan.
- 2Devein the foie gras.
- 3Place the foie gras for 10 minutes in the wine, turning it halfway through cooking.
- 4Take the liver out. Put it on a plate. Let it cool.
- 5Slice the liver in length. Heat a cast iron skillet, and sear the liver 2 minutes on each side. Season with salt.
- 6Peel the quinces, cut them into quarters, keep the seeds.
- 7Heat water and sugar to make a syrup.
- 8Add the peeled quinces and seeds. Cook over low heat for 3 hours (the fruit will gradually change color and become pink). Let cool.
- 9Drain the quinces (keep the syrup for cottage cheese), mix them, and strain the puree to remove the seeds from the fruit. Set aside.
- 10Peel the butternut squash, and cut thin slices with a knife or a mandolin. Using a cookie cutter cut circles in the butternut.
- 11Heat a pan of salted water and boil the squash slices for 2 or 3 minutes.
- 12On each plate, lay down 2 slices of fried foie gras, butternut disks on which you add mashed quince, verbena leaves, a little salt, and the ground cinnamon.
PER SERVING *
|Calories820Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.