A galette is a French term for a flat round or freeform crusty cake. It can have sweet or savory filling. This recipe for Plum and Cranberry Galettes are a perfect Sunday brunch dish. Ingredients include room temperature butter, room temperature cream cheese, salt, lime juice, flour, plums, cranberries, flour, sugar, nutmeg, lime, and vanilla. These sweet treats are perfect for a family or friend celebration.
- 92 grams butter (room temperature)
- 77 grams cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/4 teaspoon lime juice
- 93 grams flour
- 455 grams plums (firm)
- 133 grams cranberries
- 21 grams flour
- 42 grams sugar
- 1/2 lime
- 3/4 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 14 grams butter (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- In an electric mixer bowl, add the butter, cream cheese, a pinch of salt, lime juice, and flour. Mix using the dough hook attachment until the dough is in one piece.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Stretch the base dough between two sheets of parchment until it is 1 centimeter thick. Chill in the refrigerator once again.
- Remove the pits from the plums and cut into fourths. Mix the plums, cranberries, flour, sugar, a pinch of nutmeg, lime zest, lime juice, vanilla, and melted butter. Mix thoroughly to cover the fruit.
- Remove the base dough from the refrigerator and add the fruit mixture in the middle of the dough. Fold the edges of the dough over the fruit.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let the galette cool.
- Serve warm or cold.
PER SERVING *
|Calories490Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.