This recipe is adapted from one by Thermomix, and it's a good one to use if you've never used that versatile kitchen tool to prepare jam before -- and especially if you are a fan of the sweet taste of plums when they are at their summery peak. As wi…
h most basic jam recipes, this one calls for fresh lemon juice, which will preserve the color, a little ground cinnamon, for spice, and sweeteners (honey and brown sugar are both used here to good effect).
- 550 grams plums (unpeeled, pitted)
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 400 grams brown sugar
- Thoroughly wash and pit the plums.
- Combine all ingredients in the Thermomix bowl, set to the stir setting for 10 seconds, speed 3.
- Remove the measuring cup from the lid and put the basket in to prevent splashing and quickly boil the liquid.
- Set for 20 minutes, temperature 100, speed 2.
- Then program for 15 minutes, temperature Varoma, speed 2.
- Then set 4 or 5 seconds on speed 4.
- Immediately pour the jam in sterilized jars and seal.
- Turn the jars upside down and let cool in this position.