This recipe is adapted from one by Thermomix, and it's a good one to use if you've never used that versatile kitchen tool to prepare jam before -- and especially if you are a fan of the sweet taste of plums when they are at their summery peak. As with most basic jam recipes, this one calls for fresh lemon juice, which will preserve the color, a little ground cinnamon, for spice, and sweeteners (honey and brown sugar are both used here to good effect).
- 550 grams plums (unpeeled, pitted)
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 400 grams brown sugar
- Thoroughly wash and pit the plums.
- Combine all ingredients in the Thermomix bowl, set to the stir setting for 10 seconds, speed 3.
- Remove the measuring cup from the lid and put the basket in to prevent splashing and quickly boil the liquid.
- Set for 20 minutes, temperature 100, speed 2.
- Then program for 15 minutes, temperature Varoma, speed 2.
- Then set 4 or 5 seconds on speed 4.
- Immediately pour the jam in sterilized jars and seal.
- Turn the jars upside down and let cool in this position.