Stuffed chops with a fruity twist. Serve with favorite vegetables and applesauce for a favorite family meal.
- 6 boneless pork chops (1 1/2-inches thick, about 2 pounds)
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 1/3 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (low-sodium)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 1/2 ounces cornbread stuffing mix
- Cut a 4-to5-inch long slit to make pocket in each pork chop.
- In 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, combine undrained pineapple, water, celery, onion, butter, brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and onion powder. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Add stuffing; toss lightly to coat.
- Spoon mixture into pork chop pockets. Arrange chops, stuffing side-up in 2 quart oblong baking dish. Cover with foil; bake at 350 degrees F. for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 25 minutes more or until stuffing is golden brown and chops have an internal temperature on a thermometer of 160 degrees F.