- 2 plantains (firm, peeled and cut into 4-inch pieces)
- 6 pitted dried dates
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- flaked coconut
- Attach Spiralizer Attachment to KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Center one plantain piece on fruit and vegetable skewer; attach to Spiralizer. Attach small core spiral blade and position at end of plantain. Place medium bowl below blade to catch plantain. Turn mixer to speed 4 and process until blade reaches end of plantain. Repeat with remaining plantains. Place plantains in food processor. Pulse 10 times or until plantains are finely chopped and resemble rice.
- Place dates in small bowl; cover with 1/2 cup hot water. Let stand 10 minutes. Drain dates, reserving 2 tablespoons water.
- Heat coconut oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add plantains; saut. about 10 minutes or until golden. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Combine plantains, dates, reserved water, coconut, cocoa, agave, salt and vanilla in food processor. Pulse 6 to 8 times or until combined. Shape tablespoons of mixture into 1-inch balls; place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Roll in pistachios, additional cocoa or coconut, if desired. Store in refrigerator.
|Calories160Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.