Plaited Poppy Brioche CrownOn dine chez Nanou
If you want to make yourself a decadent and rich treat, then try this Plaited Poppy Brioche Crown recipe that serves one. It takes 80 minutes to prepare, so it is a wonderful way to spend a Sunday afternoon cooking in the kitchen. Feel free to double the recipe so you can enjoy this sweet and rich treat with a loved one. This hearty dish is a perfect palate pleaser. Happy cooking!
- 25 grams fresh yeast
- 130 milliliters milk (warm)
- 40 grams sugar
- 60 grams butter (soft)
- 400 grams flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolks (for gilding)
- 1 tablespoon milk (for gilding)
- 60 milliliters milk
- 125 grams ground poppy
- 25 grams softened butter
- 40 grams sugar
- 1 lemon juice
- powdered sugar
- 1In a bowl, crumble yeast, add a little milk (1or 2 tablespoons) to dilute it, with a teaspoon of sugar.
- 2Mix, and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- 3Pour in food processor bowl with butter, flour, and eggs.
- 4Mix dough for 5 to 7 minutes to obtain a uniform ball of dough. Cover the bowl with a dry cloth or plastic film. Let rise for 45 minutes, in a warm place, free of drafts.
- 5Bring milk to boil in a saucepan. add ground poppy. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 6Mix butter and sugar, and then add the egg. Add to milk mixture. Stir, and set aside.
- 7Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 8Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface to form a rectangle 35 x 40 centimeters. Use a knife or a spoon to spread and cover dough with poppy mixture.
- 9Roll dough tight (like a jelly roll). Cut roll in half, and wreathe the 2 parts together. Cut the 2 ends to get a clean edge and gather them to form a crown.
- 10Brush with egg yolk diluted in 1 tablespoon of milk.
- 11Bake for 30 minutes until golden.
- 12Remove from oven. Cool.
- 13Prepare icing by mixing lemon juice and powdered sugar (amounts depend on desired consistency).