- 1 quart milk (preferably whole or 2%)
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (with active cultures at room temperature or applicable amount of commercial yogurt starter)
- Attach KitchenAid® Heated Chef Bowl and wire whip to stand mixer. Set heat to 220°F. Once preheated, add milk to bowl. Heat milk to 185°F, verify milk temperature with a kitchen thermometer, and stir occasionally with wire whip on Stir speed. Hold milk at 185°F for at least 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce bowl heat to 110°F and allow milk to cool to 110°F, stirring occasionally with wire whip on Stir speed. Verify milk temperature with a kitchen thermometer. Add plain yogurt and blend on Stir speed until mixed, about 30 seconds.
- Remove wire whip. Cover milk and hold (culture) at 110 °F to 115 °F for 5 to 7 hours or longer. Longer culturing times will yield thicker, more tart yogurt.
- A yellowish liquid (whey) will form during culturing. It can be stirred back into the finished yogurt or strained through several layers of cheesecloth for a thicker texture.
Yogurt Whipped CreamSweet and Savory by Shinee
Blueberry-swirl Frozen YogurtChatelaine
Yogurt BiscuitsHoney and Jam
Best Ever Juicy Burger with Creamy Yogurt & Herb SauceHellmann's
Sikarni - Nepali Style Whipped Yogurt with CardamomFood,Pleasure, and Health
Greek Yogurt Whipped CreamSalt and Baker
Creamy Whipped Greek YogurtSerious Eats
Whipped Yogurt with Apples and WalnutsThe Kitchn
Strawberry Chia Fools with Yogurt Whipped CreamTurnip The Oven
Rainbow Frozen Yogurt BarkA Night Owl
Chocolate Frozen YogurtHandle the Heat