- 1 pound pork sausages (mildly seasoned)
- 1 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 loaf frozen pizza dough (thawed)
- 2 cups provolone cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups tomatoes (seeds removed, chopped)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Brown pork sausage with green pepper in medium skillet; discard any drippings. Stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, fennel seed, sugar and oregano. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Using 14-inch pizza pan or 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan, prepare pizza crust following package directions. Layer provolone cheese, sausage mixture, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese on pizza crust. Bake on lowest rack of oven at 375 degrees F. for 35-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Serves 4.