Pizzaiola-flavored SaltinesL'Antro dell'Alchimista
Although they aren't hard to make, these delicious homemade crackers are an impressive addition to a cheese and meat platter or a tasty snack all on their own. The dough is infused with the flavor of cheeses, olives, tomato paste and herbs. Once they're rolled out and cut into shapes, they bake until crunchy. Keep them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.
- 130 grams all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- 50 grams butter
- 100 grams parmesan cheese
- cottage cheese
- 50 grams soft cheese
- 1 tablespoon black olives
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1Add flours, butter, cheeses, olives, tomato paste, oregano, a pinch each of salt and black pepper and mix well. Add enough milk for a dough to form.
- 2Place the dough between two sheet of wax paper and roll it out to a thickness of 1/2 centimeter.
- 3Place the sheet of dough, wrapped with the wax paper, in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 4Use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes from the dough, continue to knead the remaining dough until it has been completely used.
- 5Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 6Place the saltines on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 13 to 15 minutes.
- 7Cool and serve. They keep well for a few days in a sealed container.
PER SERVING *
|Calories480Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.