Let your bread machine do the heavy lifting when making pizza dough from scratch. You can combine the flours, water, olive oil, salt, sugar, and yeast in the machine, turn the dial to "knead," and about 90 minutes later the dough will be perfectly primed. Letting it rest in the machine for another half hour will ensure it is pliable enough to stretch with your hands (or roll out with a rolling pin) to fill a lined baking pan. Top as desired.
- 230 milliliters water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 300 grams all purpose flour
- 200 grams semolina flour
- 1 packet active dry yeast (or 12 gr. brewer’s yeast)
- tomato sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- Place the water, olive oil, sugar, salt, flour, semolina, and yeast in the bread machine and set it to the kneading function, approximately 90 minutes. Let the dough rest in the machine for an additional 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough and place it in a baking pan lined with wax paper, fill the pan completely with the dough and add the tomato sauce and a pinch of salt.
- Bake at 250C for 10 minutes in the bottom part of the oven.
- Add the mozzarella cheese, any other toppings, and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Return it to the top part of the oven for 5 more minutes to cook the cheese.
- Remove the pan from the oven and serve hot.
|Calories500Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.