These muffins have all the flavor of a slice of pizza in a convenient little package. Seasoned with fresh oregano, fresh parmesan and gouda are incorporated into the muffin batter. Preparation of the batter is made easy in a stand mixer. Line the muffin tins with a slice of bacon and pour in the muffin batter. Bake time is 20 to 25 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean.
- 250 grams self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano (or 1 tsp. dried oregano + extra for garnish)
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 150 milliliters buttermilk
- 100 milliliters tomato (frito, or passata with herbs)
- 5 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 45 grams grated parmesan
- 75 grams cheese (grated gouda, or similar cheese that melts easily)
- ground black pepper (Freshly)
- 12 slices smoked bacon (thinly sliced, or mortadella)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Grease a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour with the baking powder and oregano.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and add the eggs, buttermilk, tomato frito, and oil, and mix well. This step may be done in a food mixer.
- Add the cheeses and mix again. If the dough appears too thick, add a little more buttermilk, as necessary.
- Line the muffin pan with bacon slices.
- Fill each muffin mold with the mixture, up to 1/2 cm below the rim.
- Decorate with a little grated cheese, black pepper, and oregano.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Serve immediately.
|Calories720Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.